Resume for Paul Cooper
Please contact me if you would like a printable PDF version.
- Able to read and produce HTML,PHP, and various other web languages.
- Experienced in using both Microsoft FrontPage (outdated) and Adobe Dreamweaver (current versions)
- Adobe’s Flash for navigation, movie clips and other interactions with websites.
- Currently actively maintaining websites to keep skill sets up to date.
- Ability to generate templates for both current content management systems and ability to modify CMS applications to better suite customer.
- FTP knowledge in the fields of uploading, downloading, hosting, executing scripts, and management as well as various other web communication such as telnet and linux cron jobs for various tasks and backups.
- Knowledge of building a web server on both linux (apache) as well as Windows (IIS, WAMP ect)
- Ability to create designs and logo’s from the bottom up through drafts to final production.
- Knowledgeable in Adobe’s Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and ImageReady) for both static and dynamic (animation) works.
- Creating logos and identities for individuals and companies. The ability to work with clients face to face to generate a satisfying outcome.
- Photograph manipulation & enhancements with Adobe’s Suite.
- Experienced in creating graphics for both high quality prints as well as the web.
CAD and Board Drafting
- Certified trade from Capitol Area Career Center in AutoCAD, Microstation and Solid Edge.
Creation of 3d Worlds for Video Games and Animations
- Use of Valves Half-life’s Hammer Editor for creating maps for various Half-Life Modifications (now part of Steamworks).
- Creation of several working community maps for the Counter-Strike Half-Life Mod.
- Experience in model creation with MilkShape and Maya.
Virtual Machines and Hardware/Software Support
- Running Virtual Machines through VMWare, and Proxmox (linux)
- 2+ years experience as tech support for a large company troubleshooting hardware and software
- Knowledge of MAC, Windows, and Linux Flavors
- Experience with home automation and other open source applications.
- Working in the Android SDK
Running a Large Scale Community
- Running multiple game servers for a large community.
- Working with various game configuration files and dedicated server executables
- Knowledge of communication between game servers and the web sites for displaying game generated player statistics/reporting.
- Script and Plug-in work written in C++and various game engine proprietary languages.
Skills for the Workplace
- Ability to work in a team to create a project.
- Ability to learn on my own and teach others what I have learned.
- Ability to create documentation for others to work from (wiki).
- Ability to communicate well with others and get the projects done.
900 South Walnut St
Williamsville, IL 62693
• Honor Roll
• Four Years English and Math
• Two Years of Art ClassesCapitol Area Career Center Certificate of Completion
2201 Toronto Road
Springfield, IL 62707-8645
• Board Drafting
• CAD Programs (AutoCAD, Microstation, Solid Edge)
|Lincoln Land Community College
Attended for two years
5250 Shepard Road, P.O. Box 19256
Springfield IL 62794The Art Institute of California— San Francisco
1170 Market Street (at U.N. Plaza)
A summery of my job experiences.
Freelance Graphics Artist and Web Developer
Most of my design knowledge comes from working on others projects as well as my own. Please see my portfolio for details.
I worked at memorial as a dispatcher. I took calls and logged all events with custom software.
I have switched shifts and moved up levels. I started on the weekends for a few years, as a helpdesk employee. Then I moved to a 2-10:30pm shift answering calls and taking repair tickets. As of 2012 I work at memorial from 8:30-5:00pm as a level 2 Tech.
A short summary of my completed domains.
|Capital City Motorsports
Local motorsports shop that sells parts, apparel, maintenance equipment and works on your vehicle. Stop on in and check out our new improved location on 2756 South 6th Street. We are right across from the County Market. Our new shop has even more room so that we can work on more vehicles. Our storefront also includes tires, jackets, helmets, ram mounts, gloves, grips, heated grips, backpacks, visors, LED strips, supplemental lighting, brakes, and so much more.
Custom LED applications for vehicles. This site took over an old web site and store that was written in HTML as well as using OSCART software for the store. We went with a more modern open source content system known as opencart. This change allowed for wysiwyg modifications. Since the client was not knowledgeable of HTML this allowed him to be able to edit the store with minimal issues.
Designed as a place for people in Springfield Illinois to talk for free. This a Springfield IL forum essentially with an interactive events calendar as well as a place to upload images and chat.
TeamXW.com is a dynamic website for PC gamers to hang out, gather information from game servers, and track there own skill sets by comparing their own to other players. It is a place to talk openly, store images, as well as many other things.
This is my own project. It has been through eight versions and is expected to go even further.
|Bill Cobb TCB
This page was a Flash page designed entirely to promote Bill Cobb, a local Elvis impersonator. The links provide you with upcoming shows and information as well as memorabilia. I am still working closely with Bill in order to perfect his site.
He expressed the need for a color theme that does not use anything that is copyright protected by Elvis, but still giving the presence of Elvis. The site uses a Flash interface and simple text documents so that the clients can add data to the site without having to know Flash.
This was a personal webpage developed for a local artist and teacher. The client met with me and expressed that she was looking for a simple and effective way to display her paintings and other artwork online for others to look at. She expressed a need to use pastel colors and a very simple theme.
This was a strictly online client. I deal heavily with the online gaming community and this was one of those projects reflecting this. The page was designed to show the current clan roster, upcoming games, and matches.
|Coliseum GamingThis is a local gaming LAN center where the focus is playing games with friends. The client wanted to add news and upcoming events easily to the front page as well as a place to discuss the events and other ideas collectively|
|Wargames OnlineWargames online was a place for gamers to rent video game servers for their own purposes with their own custom game settings. The site had minimum details and its primary focus was graphical and elaborate in nature. The idea was to attract customers with its ping response time and uptime. A simple php script was used to update all of the data on the pages.